Home Our History Statement of Faith Event Calendar Kids and Teens Adult Ministries Missions Our Location Contact Us
 

The History of Beth-El Bible Church.

James: Chapter 5

7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.
9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.
10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.

 
Childrens Activity
Fine Dining
 

In 1837, an Orthodox Congregational Church was organized and incorporated in the town of Surry, New Hampshire. Two years later, Ichabod Crain, who is buried in the cemetery near the church, donated the land and money, and his labor, to the town of Surry to build a meetinghouse. The Crain Meetinghouse was completed and dedicated on October 9, 1839.

The interior underwent a complete renovation in 1901. In August of 1923, the Surry Church and the Gilsum Church were combined into one parish, and in 1924 the church was re-incorporated as Surry Congregational Church. Electricity was added to the building in 1932 -- installed by Public Service Company for $80.

Keene Baptist Beth-El and the Surry Congregational Church merged in 1974 to become Beth-el Bible Church. A basement was installed in 1975, and in 1981 the building was extended with an addition on the back. The original building went from the front under the steeple to the chimney in the below photo.

For over 175 years, folks have been meeting in Surry, New Hampshire to worship the Lord. We invite you to join us as we continue proclaiming the good news of salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ our Lord.

 

© Beth-El Bible Church   All rights reserved.
Professional Site Design by Eddie Studios